Friday, December 19, 2014

my intentional season

Happy Christmas!


So I married an amazing man,
(yes, you are, Bud, so deal with it).
It's true, he is the guy who helps me
put into words the struggles of my heart,
and tries to guide me toward the only One
who can meet me in them and get me out of them.
I am thankful for you, best friend.

After weeks of clinging to anything but the Creator,
I found myself surrounded by answered prayers,
but completely struggling to find joy in them.
So after a slight sob fest,
I bucked up and set my phone alarm to wake up before the little ladies,
and put it to my mind to start my day,
seeking Jesus first.

I opened a devotional where I had already quit mid-read, 
and read the words,
"Are You Running on Empty?"
Yes.
Yes, a thousand times, yes!
It's how I had been feeling for weeks!
After talking about the importance of taking care of yourself,
she began talking about the most important part of self care,
seeking solitude for
recharging and refueling,
or for me, refocusing.
She used examples from Jesus' life,
and ended with Paul's prayer for the Ephesians in his letter.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith --that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length, and height and depth, and to know that love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly that all that we ask or think according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21

So, during this season filled with many wonderful gifts,
and after a year full of sorrow and wonderful things,
I hope to continue to seek Him first,
remember His love,
so I can be filled with Him,
and pour that out on my family this season.

I do hope you all have a beautiful Christmas finding the Son,
and remember to MAKE time to find Him, yourself!
I know I will!

**Joy to the world! The Lord has come!**
**Let earth receive her King!**



(incredible photo by Haze Nakai, Thanks Haze, and Happy Christmas!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment